Monday 3 February 2014

Secret 7

I chose the song strange creatures by Jake Bugg. This is because initially I had a lot of idea as soon as I heard the song title. Some of the particular theme I am going to look into further are:
- Insects/bugs. Insects are things that seen to freak people out. The way they look and how things like there legs are different makes them strange creates. One of the first images that came to my mind when hearing the title was a beetle. Bugs also link with jake Buggs last name but his is not why I wanted to look at bugs.
- Sea creatures. Octopus' sprung to my mind I think that this is because of there strange texture and tentacles. Another approach would be to look at the strange creatures you find deep in the ocean. A lot of the ocean is undiscovered  and there are many unknown creatures. I think sea creatures would be a good way to go because we don't get to see them in their proper environment, they are seen are weird and strange.
-Mythical Creatures. Things like unicorns and centaurs. I think this would be an interesting take on the strange creatures theme because it's not going down the fear and dislike route.

Other ideas that I have had include morphing people's faces together to create a strange blur. Turing something normal into something odd. Another idea was to make a new animal out of different park of other animal. Again making something normal and altering it to make it weird and uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment