Wednesday 25 March 2015

Filmdoo Movie Poster Design Evaluation - Responsive Studio Brief 1


The brief was to design a film poster for any film of your choice. I chose the film the hobbit, an unexpected journey. The brief was very open, so I had a lot of fun and freedom while designing, which I enjoyed. The hobbit one of my favourite books and for the film poster I wanted to mimic J.R.R Tolkien’s illustrations in my own style. I am overall very happy with how my design has turned out, I think that the hand drawn illustration matches the concept of the film and reflects with the personal aspect of the film. It also engages the audience because it is different from the mainly photography based film posters. Learning from my mistake during the secret 7 brief, I did this as big as I possibly could. It took a lot of time but the end result was definitely worth it, as the image would work at different scales without looking distorted. One of the main weaknesses during this project was time; the illustration style took a lot of time at such a big scale. If I ever try something similar in the future I would leave myself a lot more time so that I don't have to rush, this would improve the overall finish of my work making it look more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment