Thursday 12 March 2015

Secret 7 Evaluation - Responsive Studio Brief 1


As a music fan, Secret 7 was my favourite brief throughout this module. I enjoy how open the brief is, which leaves a lot more room for creativity. Overall I was very pleased with my final outcome. The inspiration came from the lyric “in the sunshine by the windowsill in the kitchen.” I wanted to recreate the view from a window showing the sunshine streaming in. one of The strengths during this project was the planning, as it was a hand drawn piece I gave myself a lot of time to insure I could not only get in done on time for the deadline, but to a high standard. Another strength of the project was how it wasn’t done digitally. One of the aims I set myself this year was to do more hand rendered work and to try and step away from the computer. As if by habit, as soon as I get a brief I always think of the digital possibilities. By not working digitally I was able to try a completely new thing and style, which I really enjoyed. I found by working in pen, without the undo option I put a lot more thought into everything I did. However one of the weaknesses I have found from working with hand drawn images is scale. I drew it out 7 inches x 7 inches, but I think so that the image had more clarity I should have made it much bigger, so that I would be able to scale it up and down.

No comments:

Post a Comment