Sunday 24 April 2016

OUGD603 Brief 7 - Feathr, Day Brief

The Brief

I really enjoyed the feathr brief last year, it was a great opportunity to just make something with no boundaries and was excited when they emailed me about submitting again this year. Due to being quite busy with a lot of my other briefs I decided to just make this a day brief. I am going to keep my design as just an aesthetical piece.





_________________________________________________________________________________




Last Years Submission

My submission from last year was one of the ones they selected to be sold and printed. Because of this, I would love to get selected to again this year.





_________________________________________________________________________________




Research

Similar to last year, I know that I want to stick to a minimal design. I, in particular, want to avoid any florals, I just think that floral wallpapers are pretty overdone now. I thought it was important to look at the type of designs they selected last year, to get an idea of what they are looking for. And also looking through the feathr website they don't sell any floral and mainly stick to outgoing and different stuff.









_________________________________________________________________________________





Experimentation

I wanted the walls to be the focal point when people walked into the room. So I experimented with trying to get the design to look 3-d and coming out of the wall. 


 



I received some feedback to get rid of the blue, as it didn't work. I think the orange gives a move more positive friendly vibe.  










_________________________________________________________________________________






Final Design

Adding a crystallising filter on photoshop gave a really cool effect to the design. Overall I am pleased with how it all has turned out.



Submission/Mock-up
Surprisingly I got it all done within the day, from doing this brief it was shown just how much I can actually get done in one day. By coincidence my colour scheme matched one of feathrs room mock up perfectly, making the overall image look pretty good.





No comments:

Post a Comment